VI AECIMA CONGRESS
Meeting with patients
Quality of life after breast cancer:
Needs of survivors.
Madrid, May 4 2017
PLACE: Hotel Rafael, Calle de Méndez Álvaro, 30, 28045 Madrid
DATE AND TIME: Thursday 4 May 2017. 17h.
ENTRANCE: Free until full capacity.
PLAZA RESERVE: email@example.com
In the last century our goal was to develop multidisciplinary breast units to offer a comprehensive and high quality treatment to all patients with breast cancer. This has allowed the development of magnificent breast units throughout our country and the access of breast cancer patients to the most modern treatments, achieving an improvement in the global survival rates of breast cancer that are today Above 90 percent.
Our goal in the 21st century is to improve the quality of life of the patients we treat. Minimizing the impact of therapies on health status, body image, physical abilities and psycho-oncological care aimed at reducing the appearance of symptoms of anxiety and depression allows the reincorporation of our patients to their previous life with a variable degree of normality .
At this point in time, from patients to survivors, new needs arise that require answers. Identifying those new needs is the first step to becoming aware of them and offering solutions.
OBJECTIVES OF THE MEETING:
- To present the advances in oncology and breast surgery focused on improving the quality of life of patients during and after treatment of breast cancer
- To expose the importance of physiotherapy and sports practice as the sixth pillar of the treatment of breast cancer
- Identify the needs and demands of patients at the end of treatment and return to their pre-disease life
- Discuss the benefits that patients can receive from the economic, employment or social point of view after the treatments and where to get advice
- Offer educational or business opportunities to which they can access
- Moderator: Matías Prats
- Oncologist: Dr. Ana Lluch
- Surgeon: Dr. Lorenzo Rabadán
- Patient associations: Begoña Barragán and AECC
- Legal adviser: GEPAC
- Representative of the Chamber of Commerce of Madrid
Presidencia de honor: Su majestad la Reina Doña Leticia
– Mrs. Cristina Cifuentes Cuenca, President of the Community of Madrid
– Mr. Jesús Sánchez Martos, Counselor of Health of the Community of Madrid
– Mrs. Manuela Carmena Castrillo, Mayor of Madrid
Free entry until complete seats. Book your place:
Technical Secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 677 603 226